Regular Expressions

So far I have not been too impressed with the JavaScript programming language. The loose typing is driving me crazy. And I discovered the Object Oriented Programming is not really that object oriented. Today however I was happily surprised to find out that JavaScript supports regular expressions.

I have mostly been staying away from learning regular expressions. And I know I should not be. JavaScript provided me a way to learn both the language and regular expressions a bit. It supports the Perl 5 version of regular expressions. The little bit I have been playing with are very powerful.

After JavaScript I plan to go back and beef up my Java skills. But I might be able to dig in deeper and gain some good experience with regular expressions as well. Today I only scratched the surface of what looks to be a powerful tool.