Project Orion

The Eclipse Foundation is working on a Project Orion. This is a version of their Eclipse IDE that runs in a web browser. The thing is being coded from scratch using JavaScript. That sounds cool. If they can complete such a massive undertaking, then I should be able to write simple apps using JavaScript.

I used Eclipse briefly while learning Java. However I found that I preferred a simple text editor. That forced me to learn the syntax myself and not rely on auto complete from an IDE. I never went back to Eclipse. I should though, for the sake of Java.

My latest vision is to code a small game using JavaScript. The game will implement a simple version of Angband, a text based dungeons and dragons game. I am going to give myself a week or two to finish the thing. Good luck to me.