Event Handlers Not Firing

I am home spending a week to get ahead in my JavaScript learning. Was just finishing up some case projects at the end of the chapter. I ran into a problem that I glossed over before. Sometimes the event handlers just don't seem to be firing. This is very frustrating.

I could not get the onclick event handler to work for the image buttons on a form. This could not be right. I finally googled around and found that old Netscape 4 did not handler event handlers for this element.

But I am running Internet Explorer 6. I would hope it could handler these onClick events. Nevertheless, I followed the advice on what to do if you are running Netscape 4. I dropped the image button for a regular image element nested in an anchor tag. The anchor handles the onClick event.

Yeah this is a hack, but I am getting desperate. Props go out to Web Developer Notes that pointed out the Netscape 4 work around. Thank you very much,