JavaScript Interpreter

I read the description for a program over at Code Project. It was for an interpreter written in JavaScript. I was excited about this since I am taking a JavaScript course right now. Much of the writeup had to do with the mechanics behind an interpreter. The sample program also only did interpretation of mathematical expressions. But the ideas were solid.

The extraordinary part of this article was that it was written by 17 year old Peter Olson. Bravo man. The writeup finished up with some easy, medium, and hard ideas to improve the project. Somehow I don't think I have the technology to tackle the hard improvements to this program. The college class on JavaScript is just too primitive to have taught me much. Perhaps I can knock out a couple the smaller TO DO items. Or should we say I can try some of the easier TO DO items.

Next semester I plan to take an advanced JavaScript course. That should pump up my skills.