Free Courses at Udacity

I just heard that Udacity is soon to offer free courses online. These appear to be like college courses. However they are shorter. The bios of the instructors are impressive. A computer grades your homework. The cost is free. So why not try out a course or two?

The most interesting course to me is Web Application Engineering. The overview says that by the end of the course, you will be able to code up your own blog application. That sounds hot. It covers a lot of topics. The session I find most interesting is the one on how to scale your web app.

Another fun looking course is Programming Languages. It claims that by the end of the course, you will be able to develop your own web browser. That sounds like a tall hill to climb. The weeks are packed with complex topics such as grammars, lexical analysis, and parsing. Somehow I think you can learn those topics in just a few weeks. Maybe I am wrong.`